At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position has full oversight for the planning of short and long-term intermediates and materials plans. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager is accountable for the delivery of plant finite schedules that support finished goods production while driving plant efficiencies that closely align with target inventories. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing materials and intermediate inventory policies that provide adequate production flexibility consistent with plant financial budget. This individual will be responsible for providing a network-wide medium and long-range capacity view of intermediates that will enable key business decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Drive business results through development and execution of materials and intermediates plans that closely align with finished goods requirements.
• Review weekly finite plant schedules soliciting changes that maximize efficiency opportunities.
• Maintain adequate intermediate and materials inventories that support production and align with financial budget.
• Partner with Plant Controller to develop annual budget for materials purchases and inventory.
• Interface closely with Master Schedulers to ensure execution of plans making trade-off decisions where necessary.
• Interface with Supply Chain, manufacturing, and external warehouses, as required to accomplish service targets.
• Monitor materials inventories to ensure complete availability of packaging supplies and ingredients; Maintain cost effective inventory levels and lead monthly physical inventories; Track booked vs. physical inventories, obsolete inventory and quality rejects; Monitor and take action to increase inventory turns and closely tracks safety stock levels, Manage obsolescence.
• Interface with materials vendors to ensure execution of timely shipments in accordance with quality, reliability and production need.
• Analyze and define materials inventory policy that aligns with manufacturing attainment, providing flexibility while maintaining target plant stock levels.
• Analyze production plans and schedules to control and monitor the inbound flow of packaging and ingredients through the production process.
• Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local regulations.
• Promote development and growth of direct reports through cross training, delegation and profession certifications and training.
• Develop and maintain good communication processes with all other organizations and departments within the supply chain.
• Comply with all Purchasing and Accounting policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager in support of improving overall plant and Supply Chain effectiveness.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 7 years of management or supervisory experience in Materials Management, Logistics, Industrial Distribution Management, or equivalent, required.
• Professional experience in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, preferred.
• Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a planning, purchasing or warehousing environment.
• Experience driving business results in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost
• APICS Certification, preferred
• Strong leadership skills
• Knowledge of computer applications as they relate to work, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and Project) applications.
• Ability to analyze information and exhibit excellent judgment in making effective, timely decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving, project management and prioritization skills
• Ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
• Excellent customer focus, both internal and external
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
• This position provides both direct and indirect supervision, and is the principle contact for plant planning, materials, distribution and warehousing queries and concerns.
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Materials Management, Logistics, Industrial Distribution Management, or equivalent, required.
• APICS Certification Preferred.
• 10 – 15% travel required
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.