SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Supervisor will be working in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment. The successful incumbent will lead hourly technicians in all Rebuild, PM, and Maintenance activities in the manufacturing plant. The individual hired for this role will be required to lead people effectively to ensure the department is able to meet all expectations around Maintenance performance. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Functions
- Responsible for providing leadership in maintenance ensuring the department is represented in professional manner in compliance with the expectations of a world class organization
- Responsible for the assessment and growth of assigned direct reports (hourly)
- Act as a liaison between technicians, contractors, engineering, and operations on construction/maintenance projects. Ensure all groups understand and comply with the Owner's safety, technical, security, and fire protection policies/procedures/standards.
- Contribute to the optimization of the Maintenance Organization structure
- Reviewing personnel transfers to and from maintenance organizations
- Assessing and reporting safety hazards associated with maintenance of equipment
- Contributes to the development and control of the complete operations of the Maintenance Department, including monitoring budgets and schedules, evaluating department productivity and quality, reviewing plans, and specifications
- Responsible for Implementation of Reliability centered maintenance practices/procedures
- Contribute to the Development of technical, administrative, and procedures and policies to ensure the successful operation of the department in the most practical and efficient method.
- Contribute to Procurement Departments efforts to set up and maintain the cost control systems and procedures.
- Insure that all departmental and corporate policies are being followed during the course of the project.
- Responsible for the active development and improvement of overall equipment efficiency.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintenance and Project Planning Phase Functions
- Responsible to define the work scope and prepare overall schedules and budgets on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development and management of the Maintenance Procurement Plan and Status Report (PPSR) for the assigned areas
- Responsible for application of scheduling and project management principles to replacement programs
- Responsible for Assessing required maintenance tools and skills required for efficient maintenance/repair of equipment
- Responsible in developing cost estimates for additional work or contract modifications.
- Responsible for the preparation of a Supervisors Daily Summary or Report for each shift in which work is performed.
- Implement formal management of change procedures as they apply to the updating and accuracy of the as-built drawings in coordination with the engineering department.
- Help facilitate the Request for Information process by receiving, reviewing, and taking action on RFI’s. Get further details or information from the responsible engineer if required for the proper execution of the work. All RFIs are to be documented in writing
- Observe actual repair and overhaul progress in comparison with estimated progress. Record and report conditions that may cause a delay in completion of the work.
- Responsible for distributing all correspondence to the appropriate departments.
- Update, inform and clarify repair outcomes, deliverables, identify potential problems, and maintenance needs.
- Prepare Review root cause failure analysis reports to ensure consistency with actual conditions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Four years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Four years of experience in leading hourly people
- Experience working in Maintenance functions for food manufacturing environments preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering field (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, etc.), required