At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, procuring of raw materials, managing raw material inventory levels, and creating and maintaining production shop orders.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Buyer/Planner could perform, but not limited to, one or more of the following duties:
• Creates purchase orders and manages Raw Material inventories to support Production Schedule
• Meets or Beats Inventory Budget
• Creates and maintains Production Shop Orders
• Creates & updates purchasing contracts within BPCS (plant MRP system)
• Expedites raw materials as needed due to unforeseen events and delays
• Able to identify, summarize and communicate component supply issues to management
• Ensures all departments are fully cognizant of production plans and that Maintenance and Engineering work plans are integrated into the schedule as needed.
• Interfaces with Operations, Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, Warehousing, Shipping & Receiving on a daily basis..
• Coordinates with corporate/suppliers to process ingredient and supply concerns by means of a supplier corrective action report (SCAR) Coordinates vendor returns
• Resolves problems utilizing knowledge & analytical abilities.
• Coordinates cost reductions in all aspects of the position
Minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous experience in Materials Management in a food manufacturing environment.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications required. Excellent knowledge of Excel. BPCS experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts (kanban, “pull”, etc.) preferred.
• Good organizational, analytical problem solving and communication skills required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
• Must be responsible and self-motivated.
• Willing to work extra hours as project or production needs dictate.
• Passion towards driving continuous improvement.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.