At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for reviewing and auditing the conditions and quality of the supplier ingredients and materials that make the company food products. The Quality Supply Manager will travel to vendor and supplier sites when needed to establish working relationships with contacts and ensure all materials sent to company plants meet the standards that are put in place.
The Manager-Supplier Quality Assurance will report to the Director-Supplier Quality Assurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Travel to vendor and supplier sites, develop a working rapport with key contacts and provide support in efforts to improve quality of ingredients and materials sent to company plants
• Conduct sanitation and audit training if needed for vendor and supplier
• Monitor vendor and supplier Sanitation Manual, Master Sanitation Schedule, and all sanitation policies and procedures in a manner as to assure efficiency and effectiveness to affiliate and best industry standards
• Actively participate in vendor and supplier sanitation and GMP self-assessment processes and assure adequate short and long term corrective actions
• Actively participate in external third party audits
• Actively promote supplier programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
• Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications
• Assure accurate and timely documentation of all vendor and supplier audit activities
• Performs special projects as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) development and implementation
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.