At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Director-Quality Assurance for Grocery will support all Grocery manufacturing plants and assists with development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Pinnacle Foods’ food safety, quality, and sanitation programs. The position utilizes personal experience and expertise in the areas of food safety, food quality, and good manufacturing and sanitation practices to provide strategic leadership and tactical support to supply chain operations. The position routinely communicates with and advises senior management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with development and effective implementation of all food safety, food quality, and sanitation programs and assurance of compliance to all related PFG policies, procedures, and specifications
• Ensure compliance to all federal, state and local regulatory requirements
• Assist with food safety assessments and validations of product designs, manufacturing processes, HACCP/HARPC Food Safety Plans, Food Quality Plans, environmental microbiological monitoring and control programs, finished product microbiological testing programs, and sanitation and hygiene programs
• Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety issues and develop strategies to effectively investigate and respond
• Facilitate the investigation and resolution of escalated plant issues including quality holds, priority consumer complaints, and FDA/USDA non-labeling regulatory matters
• Participate on the assigned category segment business team with food safety and quality point of contact accountability for the applicable manufacturing locations.
• Support the manufacturing locations in meeting food safety and quality objectives, goals, strategies, and metrics
• Implement and maintain quality improvement plans and programs
• Follow up on Food Safety, Quality and Process Control issues, ensuring successful resolution including effective use of Root Cause Analyses and Corrective and Preventative Action tools
• Assist with the development and execution of effective internal self-assessment auditing programs and support the manufacturing locations in effective closure of identified gaps
• Assist with ensuring food safety and quality individual and organizational capabilities including hiring and on-boarding, trainings, and other growth and development opportunities
• Support organizational growth and expansion including key projects and integration related activities
• Ensure a safe work environment for employees
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 10 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Experience managing to FDA and USDA regulations
• SQF and HACCP certified
• PCQI certification preferred
• Leadership experience preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
• Good collaboration and oral and written communication skills
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology is required
• Master’s Degree in related field is preferred
• There is a 60%-70% travel requirement for this position
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.