At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Darien Plant Quality Assurance Director will develop the strategy and lead all QA and Food Safety work streams and projects for the plant. The regular duties include, but are not limited to recruiting, leading and coaching all plant QA staff on ensuring all Food Safety and Quality Management System requirements are consistently adhered to, and supporting operations leaders in reinforcing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) in the plant. The Plant QA Director utilizes personal experience and expertise in the areas of food safety, food quality, and good manufacturing and sanitation practices to provide strategic leadership and tactical support to supply chain operations. The position routinely communicates with and advises senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the development and effective implementation of all food safety, food quality, and sanitation programs and assurance of compliance to all related PFG policies, procedures, and specifications
• Ensure compliance to all federal, state and local regulatory requirements
• Ensure delivery of safe, quality products in a sustainable manner and with minimization of risk to the manufacturing facility and organization
• Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety issues and develop strategies to effectively investigate and respond
• Develop and deliver Food Safety & Quality Management System training curricula
• Maintain and communicate Food Safety & QA information/data to all appropriate plant and corporate staff
• Oversee the execution of all raw material, in-process, finished product and environmental testing plans.
• Ensure the successful development and on-going execution of effective internal self-assessment auditing programs
• Participate in all external third party audits and regulatory inspections
• Ensure the appropriate maintenance and retention of all Food Safety & Quality Management System records and forms
• Assist the QA Manager(s) and Sanitation Manager with the oversight of all sanitation cleaning programs.
• Follow up on Food Safety, Quality and Process Control issues, ensuring successful resolution including effective use of Root Cause Analyses and Corrective and Preventative Action tools
• Ensure adequate QA laboratory and other related supplies while meeting budgetary requirements
• Participate in corporate and plant driven projects related to Food Safety & Quality improvement, MVP, and commercialization
• Ensure a safe work environment for employees
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Ten (10) or more years of experience in a food manufacturing and Quality Assurance/Food Safety environment
• Five (5) or more years of experience as the senior leader in a Quality Assurance/Food Safety department
• Five (5) or more years of direct leadership and performance management of department employees
• Experience in building strategy and executing change in a work environment
• Experience managing to FDA regulations
• SQF and HACCP certified
• PCQI certification preferred
• Leadership experience preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
• Good collaboration and oral and written communication skills
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or other relevant field of study, required
• Master’s Degree in relevant field of study, preferred
• There is a 20% travel requirement for this position
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.