At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Build CI capabilities across the manufacturing network (and other functions as needed) through training and coaching of both CI and Line personnel; perform gap analysis on CI capabilities and develop/manage recovery activities; support ideation; lead response efforts when MVP falls below plan. Lead change management initiatives and support multiple plants as well as cross functional initiatives as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop CI capabilities at the plants as measured by adherence to standards, achievement and sustainment of results, CI skill base (60-80% of time)
o Support implementation of common corporate CI systems (5S, Standard Work, Daily Mgmt., Leadership LAP, OEE Gap Closure, OAC, etc.) through instruction, coaching, and feedback. Build ownership at the plant level for use of these tools.
o Assess plant performance and suggest actions to close capability gaps.
• Develop and use of CI/management system tools by plant personnel
o Develop training material, templates, etc. in support of new tools
o Deploy tools, build proficiency in plant teams
• Achievement of manufacturing MVP (productivity) commitment as well as other performance criteria (safety, quality, cost)
o Assist plants in filling their “productivity pipeline” by facilitating waste identification and ideation.
o Perform plant interventions to reduce costs
o Facilitates kaizen events to eliminate waste
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plants.
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Able to effectively interface within all levels of the organization.
• Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities via data.
• Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed.
• Demonstrated ability to lead kaizen improvement events, implement 5S, visual management, SPC, SMED, as well as a range of problem solving tools.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plants.
• Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning to identify opportunity areas.
• Demonstrated ability to complete cost savings projects.
• Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.
• Hands on style and solid communication ability.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Twelve (12) plus years of experience in manufacturing of which:
o Four (4) plus years of lean/CI execution experience in a manufacturing environment.
o Three (3) plus years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
o Two (2) plus years of experience in implementation of CI systems.
• Food manufacturing experience preferred
• Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experience preferred
• Experience training and coaching on Lean Manufacturing and project planning and management.
• Must be fully proficient in Six Sigma, SPC, Reliability Engineering, problem solving, RCA, Change Management, procedure and job aid development and training program design and development.
• Must have exposure to behavior based safety.
Bachelor's in a technical field with an accreditation required. Black Belt accreditation in Lean and/or Six Sigma from rigorous program required.
65% - 80% annual travel required
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.