Join our Snyder of Berlin® team! Snyder of Berlin® has been producing fresh and tasty snacks in the little farm town of Berlin, Pennsylvania for 68 years. Snyder of Berlin® is a division of Pinnacle Foods which is a top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. Pinnacle is the leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades.
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact—from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales—each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring Snyder of Berlin’s product quality and safety are consistent with corporate objectives and for performing raw material receiving, in process as well as finished product testing, document review, formulation, auditing and project work. This position requires analytical, technical, and communication skills.
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Assures compliance and quality for ingredients, and packaged products and also assists in compliance Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintains accurate quality assurance records.
• Assists in the compliance of Snyder of Berlin/Pinnacle Foods policies and procedures.
• Assists with the preparation of routine (weekly/monthly) and non-routine quality reports.
• Participates in training programs as assigned. Some programs may require overnight travel.
• Adheres to all policies, guidelines, and procedures, such as GMP, HACCP, and work and safety rules.
• High energy level with a demonstrated passion toward driving continuous improvement in quality systems.
• Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision or guidance.
• Ability to manage responsibilities and workflow effectively and efficiently to meet timeframes for work assignments consistently.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information -- a high level of integrity.
• Occasional lifting or moving of light to moderate weight items up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to work within varying temperature ranges.
• Ability to operate typical laboratory equipment.
• Ability to manage responsibilities and workflow effectively and efficiently to consistently meet time frames for work assignments.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Solid decision making skills with ability to recognize boundaries and seek assistance when needed.
• Solid computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Strong math skills as they apply to data development, collection, and analysis. Working knowledge of statistics.
• Solid organization skills, project management skills and ability to generate routine and non-routine reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with different groups, departments and levels of management, especially when team actions are necessary.
• Training and/or experience in microbiology preferred.
• Experience in a food manufacturing facility working with quality assurance systems preferred.
• Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
We Value Veterans - Snyder of Berlin and Pinnacle Foods regard military service as valuable life experience and are committed to hiring veterans; therefore, we count military service as equivalent experience for our positions.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.