At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: Unleashing Brand Potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Senior Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance and assists with development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Pinnacle Foods’ food safety, quality, and sanitation programs. The position utilizes personal experience and expertise in the areas of food safety, food quality, and good manufacturing and sanitation practices to provide strategic leadership and tactical support to supply chain operations. The position routinely communicates with and advises senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with development and effective implementation of all food safety, food quality, and sanitation programs and assurance of compliance to all related PFI policies, procedures, and specifications
• Assist with the delivery of safe, quality products in a sustainable manner and with minimization of risk to the organization
• Assist with food safety assessments and validations of product designs, manufacturing processes, HACCP/HARPC Food Safety Plans, Food Quality Plans. environmental microbiological monitoring and control programs, finished product microbiological testing programs, and sanitation and hygiene programs
• Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety issues and develop strategies to effectively investigate and respond
• Participate on the assigned category segment business team with food safety and quality point of contact accountability for the applicable manufacturing locations
• Support the manufacturing locations in meeting food safety and quality objectives, goals, strategies, and measures
• Facilitate the investigation and resolution of escalated plant issues including quality holds, priority consumer complaints, and FDA/USDA non-labeling regulatory matters
• Manage the warehousing qualification, performance monitoring, and auditing program
• Provide food safety risk assessment information and risk management strategies in support of innovation, commercialization, productivity, and internal plant manufacturing
• Assist with ensuring food safety and quality individual and organizational capabilities including hiring and on-boarding, trainings, and other growth and development opportunities
• Support organizational growth and expansion including key projects and integration related activities
• Assist with the development and execution of internal GMP, Food Safety, and Quality Management System audits and support the manufacturing locations in effective closure of identified gaps
• Plan and execute special projects as requested by the Senior Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 10 years industry experience in food manufacturing food safety and quality assurance
• Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a food safety and quality assurance senior leadership role
• FDA and USDA food regulatory experience
• Extensive technical knowledge and experience in food safety, food quality, food microbiology, sanitation systems, and best industry manufacturing, sanitation and hygiene practices
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-functionally at all managerial levels, and with external contacts
• Ability to collect and analyze data using statistical methodologies
• Experienced in preparing reports and presenting technical, scientific data to a variety of audiences
• Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to effectively collaborate and use creative and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems
• Team building/team leadership skills
• Certifications/experience with Food Safety Plans and SQF systems
• Bachelors of Science degree in relevant field of study is required
• Travel is required 60% - 70% of the time
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.