At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: Unleashing Brand Potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position will support multiple manufacturing operations in the development and implementation of long term strategic plans to involve all operations personnel in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers production costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates corporate 6 Sigma Program to reduce cost
• Performs plant interventions to reduce cost
• Facilitates kaizen events to eliminate waste
• Implements cost saving projects utilizing both Lean and 6 Sigma methodologies
• Implements common corporate CI systems (5S, Standard Work, Daily Mgmt, Leadership LAP, OEE Gap Closure, OAC, etc.)
• Active engagement in process improvement deployment and execution
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated ability to lead kaizen improvement events.
• Demonstrated ability to complete cost savings projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plants.
• Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning to identify opportunity areas.
• Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
• Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities via data.
• Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plants
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• 7+ years of lean experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
• Past experience in leading kaizen workshops in the areas of: 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management, SMED and TPM.
• 6 Sigma Black Belt or Shainin Red X Journeyman certification preferred
• Food manufacturing experience preferred
• Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experience preferred
• Has worked in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed.
• Hands on style and solid communication ability.
• Able to effectively interface within all levels of the organization.
• BS in Engineering; Masters degree preferred
• Preferred base for this role will be Chicago, St. Louis or Indianapolis.
• 80 - 100% travel
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.