At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the packaging material portfolio includes cans and lids, bottles, glass, and closures. Evaluation of the entire supply market, existing and potential, to secure most competitive total cost, quality and operational performance.
• Develops and implements supplier strategies for the procurement of the respective material portfolio.
• Develops and executes strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service working closely to align with key partners like R&D, commercialization leads, etc.
• Negotiates supply agreements utilizing RFP’s and eAuctions, and develops contracts.
• Develop benchmarking and cost modeling to support the drive to best in class pricing
• Responsible for supplier relationship management, including developing measures on supplier performance based upon the operation’s key metrics.
• Assess current and future market trends, and prepare price forecasts for the business. Develops commercial and supply risk mitigation strategies for the portfolio.
• Interfaces successfully with the company’s various business units and departments to insure timely and effective project implementation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 5 to 10 years of strategic purchasing experience
• Extensive understanding and expertise in the procurement of multiple categories within the packaging materials spend arena, including but not limited to paper packaging materials, cans and lids, bottles, glass, and closures Capable of working in a fast paced and lean environment
• Must be experienced in strategic sourcing and have a proven background of sustained cost improvement.
• Demonstrated capability to understand and influence the P&L of the company.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across multiple functions and levels of the business
• Proven track record of managing long term, strategic supplier relationships.
• Confident leader, results oriented and solution driven with strong supply chain strategy acumen
• Ability to influence, collaborate and interact within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage across all functions of the business including Finance, Commercialization, Quality & Marketing
• Experience with Strategic sourcing process, including strategy definition and implementation and leading contract negotiations
• Experience with using E-sourcing tools to manage projects, contracts, RFX, and reverse auction, and to perform linear decision analysis;
• Creating performance reporting tools, identifying performance metrics and developing scorecards to track progress
• Excellent business acumen.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and change of direction
• Has successfully developed and implemented effective business strategies which call for coordination of activity across multiple functional areas.
• Familiarity with general business systems and processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.