At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with operations to identify kaizen opportunities and drive plant reliability projects to improve plant efficiency and cost.
• Work with plant controls technicians to provide guidance and training in support of plant needs. Provide troubleshooting expertise when technicians require assistance.
• Deliver a plant controls and automation strategy to manage life cycle of aged equipment and keep the factory current on hardware, software and technical skills.
• Conduct engineering studies to test and validate technologies, equipment, and processes.
• Manage selected capital projects from concept through implementation.
• Manage project cash flow and cash flow forecasting.
• Perform code compliance, power distribution, industrial automation, and other electrical system reviews.
• Perform basic process and project engineering calculations including equipment sizing and rating,
• Short circuit and arc flash calculations.
• Develop piping and instrumentation and process flow diagrams.
• Prepare specifications, reports and related data tables.
• Continually upgrading technical knowledge and capabilities. Assuring quality, quantity and completeness of all engineering-related assignments.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience, preferable electrical.
• Experience with Allen Bradley, Rockwell systems and Wonderware.
• Have extensive experience with servo and VFD drives.
• Able to read, understand, code and decode PLC systems including troubleshooting these systems on the manufacturing floors.
• Computer Knowledge – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, AutoCAD, Allen Bradley and Wonderware
• Experience in one or more of the areas of industrial power distribution, PLC programming (AB, Rockwell and Wonderware), and project management required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunity areas.
• Creative in problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities areas via data.
• BS in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.