At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION: This position is responsible for managing all production activities on a designated shift. The scope of this position includes all phases of production, including processing, packaging, case packing, sanitation and palletizing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Supervise all production activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies as well as the Collective Bargaining Agreement, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost
• Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
• Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
• Manage staffing levels to current labor contract / labor standards requirements.
• Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules. • Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
• Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement. • Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as necessary.
• Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
• Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
• Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability. • Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position provides direct supervision to 21 or more production and sanitation personnel. In the absences of a supervisor in other areas may provide indirect supervision to broad area of the facility.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.