At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
This position provides managerial oversight focus for plant employee safety including safety programs, systems, policies, training, Federal and State OSHA Compliance, audits, etc. This includes all aspects of Workers Compensation including claims, coordinating case management, and data entry into claims management system. The position is a key member of the Plant Team focused on manufacturing’s key performance measures of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
* Ensure day-to-day administration of plant safety rules/policies and procedures, Federal and State OSHA Compliance and enforcement, and other regulations.
* Organize, develop, implement, and give direction to pro-active safety programs, systems, policies, and training.
* Accountable for leading the Plant Safety Committee, Emergency Action Team and a key resource for Team Safety Committees.
* Manage the plant’s Workers Compensation program, as appropriate
* Takes ownership for personal growth and development by soliciting feedback and getting involved in initiatives and projects.
* Works closely with Corporate Safety Director regarding Plant Safety issues and corporate programs.
* Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
* BS/BA with a preference for Health, Safety or related discipline, required.
* Masters Degree, preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of increasing safety experience in a complex, fast-paced manufacturing environment, required.
* Knowledge and practical application of risk-management techniques.
* Experience leading continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
* Experience working with a diverse group of people.
* Professional experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer –
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.